These pictures are from my latest exploit and first trip to the Ben since getting here. The plan for the day was Observatory Gully Ridge a 450m VD climb. Stripped to the waste to deal with the heat we started the steep walk up the forrest track to reach the Alt a Mahuillin track which leads in to the CIC hut and North Face Corries. From the hut we started the walk to the bottom of the route. Bekx and Emil got geared to with their rope and rack, I only had to pop on my helmet. We started off up the climb with Bekx and Emil alternating leads and me soloing up along side the leader finding the way. Further up the climb I took over as "guide" doing any short roping that the guys needed for confidence. We eventually topped out and made it back to the car 12 hours after starting. I wont get into too many details but let me just say it was a long and at times stressful day. Good fun though with amazing views and a lovely sunset.

No comments:
Post a Comment